Goals for March
Aside from selling our fancy car, February was a rough month financially. We had unexpected expenses (i.e., the shiny new computer I am typing to you on right now) and I earned only $776, thanks to a week with no computer of my own.
March may not be much better, income-wise: My boys’ on-campus daycare will be closed two full weeks for spring break, which makes it hard to get work done! (They usually go two days per week.) Still, I think if I hustle I can push it to a full thousand.
Money-making goals for March:
- Earn a full $1000 through Leapforce At Home and my trivia job.
- Consign boys’ outgrown summer clothes and my post-pregnancy summer clothes.
- Consign one of the car seats from the CRV (keeping the other as backup) and the Graco Travel Lite Crib (basically a small play yard) that the boys used when they were tiny.
Money-saving goals for March:
- Save 3 disposable diapers per week. Big Brother has been sleeping in them every night. I don’t have enough heavy-duty ones for him to wear one every night, but hopefully we can swing a few nights a week. I’m thinking cotton boosted with hemp and/or microfiber, for the added bonus of feeling wet for him, and Gerber pants over the cover for better leak control.
- Hit the spring consignment sale on half-price day to get Big Brother’s summer wardrobe started. Check his hand-me-downs for Little Brother; we might need to buy little or nothing for him.
- Keep food spending over spring break to the dollar-per-person-per-meal level suggested by Mr. Money Mustache. (We usually eat our dinners in the dining hall, but it will be closed for spring break.)
- Eliminate waste of edible food. I’m not going to start eating orange peels and whatnot and we have no place to compost, but throwing away the bread ends is soooo 2013.
- Try the baking soda and vinegar method of hair care instead of buying new shampoo and conditioner. Stay tuned for updates!
What about you, readers? What are you trimming in March?